Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

TRIO POWER

The TRIO


Bonjour à tous!

I don't know how to start these emails without saying something really generic like "this week went by super fast!" or "this week was great!”. This week did go by fast and it was good but I don't really remember anything super important.

NOS AMIS
Brigitte is doing well. She came to church this last week. Her baptismal date is this month but we are going to have to change it so that she can stop smoking. It's the only thing holding her back. She reads her scriptures and prays everyday. She is doing what she is supposed to be doing and I know she will eventually be able to stop. We are going to get her on a program for addiction recovery in Toulouse.

Elisabeth texted us and told us that she never wanted to see us again and that her decision had been made and that we shouldn't even try to convince her otherwise. It's pretty sad because I know that she is actually interested but doesn't want to continue because of her family. The gospel is here to fortify families but it causes a lot of drama sometimes. Who knows maybe one day she will be interested again.

We weren't able to see the Leroy family this week but it should be soon. They are so cool. I really hope we can see them soon. They are so stinking awesome.

We saw Eda this week! We weeded he garden and then ate with her and taught her about the importance of sincere prayer. She has a hard time with some doctrines in the church but it is understandable considering she was a practicing catholic for 30 years before. To be honest it stresses me out sometimes that her doctrinal knowledge isn't more complete. But since her baptism and that she has the Holy Ghost she understands things a lot better.

We were talking about how we shouldn't read memorized prayers because Heavenly Father wants to hear what we have to say and not someone else. We shared Ephesians 4:5 with her and talked about how the church is the only church that has the authority to perform baptisms correctly and she said... Well, I'm not sure about that. We invited her to pray about it.

But then, this Sunday she got up and gave her best testimony she has ever given. She gave a simple and sincere testimony and in it she said that she said she knows that Christ's church is on the earth and that we are the one. It was such a huge blessing to hear her say that. The spirit is real. He is the best of all teachers. I'm so thankful for His influence.

LES ADVENTURES  DU TRIO
Since being in a trio the amount of funny and weird things have been happening to
us has increased drastically. I think it might be because three white shirts draws a lot more attention than just two. It is pretty crazy.

Anyway! One example of this happened to us on Thursday. We were walking around looking for people to talk to and passing some ancient Amis. We turn down this street that begins with a stoplight. As we take the street, two girls pulls up in this white car and they look at us and start laughing. So being the sarcastic person I am wave and keep walking. The light turns green and they drive off. We are walking for a little and then we hear Rhiannon playing super loud and we turn around and this car pulls up right behind us and starts driving slowly. I don't turn around because elder Robards says it's not the same girls but then the car pulls up right next to us and it is. The driver is like "Hey! You! My friend wants your number!" So elder Robards starts walking towards the car and she says... "No.... Not you. Sorry." Then points at me. Already I'm super uncomfortable because aggressive girls are an absolute no and I'm a stinking missionary so leave me alone. Hahaha.

I explain to them that we are missionaries and that we don't have girlfriends as missionaries and that we only talk about Jesus Christ and what He has done for us. They were like... But we can't have your number just to talk? And then I said no but if they were interested in Jesus they could talk to us. Then, after realizing I was American and squealing over it.

We told Brigitte the story and she thought it was so stinking funny. She laughed for like ever. Then she complimented our equipe in saying that she was surprised it didn't happen more often. Hahaha.

Our apartment is so small for three people. I have the impression we are on an eternal exchange with one extra person. My companions are so stinking funny together. It's just a riot. Elder Omohundro is hilarious. Elder Robards says this like they are, which is pretty funny.

Last night we visited Ambre and she made us this really good food. As we were eating she brought out some super spicy sauce and some peppers. I had eaten at her house before so I knew that it was too hot for my liking but the other two elders said they really liked spicy foods so I let them at it. Elder Robards didn't even taste it before he dumped it all over his rice and lentils. He ate it no problem. Elder Omohundro did the exact same thing except it almost killed him. Hahahaha. He started to cry and got super sweaty. Ambre thought it was so funny. But she was nice and got some milk out to save him.

At Mimi's house with her daughter and husband that drove up from Italy.


PENSÉE SPIRITUELLE
This week I had a really cool experience with the sacrament. I realized the other day that I hadn't felt the spirit during sacrament for a long time so I had the goal to really focus on the Savior during the blessing and distribution of the bread and water.

We sang the hymn "There is a Green Hill Far Away" and I hadn't ever really noticed how pretty the words of the hymn were. As I took the sacrament I felt the spirit do strongly. I really felt Gods love for me. I thought of how hard it must have been for Him to give His son to save us. It was a neat experience.

“There is a green hill far away,
Without a city wall,
Where the dear Lord was crucified,
Who died to save us all.
                                               
We may not know, we cannot tell,
What pains he had to bear
But we believe it was for us
He hung and suffered there.

There was no other good enough
To pay the price of sin
He only could unlock the gate
Of heav’n and let us in.
                                               
Oh, dearly, dearly has he loved!
And we must love him too,
And trust in his redeeming blood,
And try his works to do.”

And that is what happened this week! I love you all!
À bientôt :)

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment