Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

WOOOO



Hello Family and friends! 

This letter is going to be pretty pathetic... We had a really good week but I am trying to think about what I did and literally nothing comes to my head. But, I will think of things! 

Okay... I noticed some really weird things about France today:

*Whenever you drive into a car wash, you get out of your car and watch your car get      washed by the machine! It is so lame... they miss the best part of getting your car            washed. 

*The man on the crosswalk light here is green... not white like in the US of A. 

*Hedgehogs roam the hills and mountains freely. They are considered wild animals here. 

*Hugging people is a more intimate greeting than giving each other kisses on the cheeks. 

Yeah... that is pretty much all for weird things I thought of at the moment. 

As for the work this week, it was really good. We were able to teach most of our amis and they are all doing really well. Mithel, our Chinese amie, prayed for the first time and it was super sweet. At first she was a little hesitant but then she was like okay, I'll do it. 

She starts praying and she is just super genuine. She said in her prayer "... I have doubts but please help me build my faith." I thought that was one of the highlights of the week. 

Something else really good! Actually, this was a huge miracle. We have about three hours until it was time to go back inside and we don't have anything planned besides finding. Which isn't the most fun, but it is good work. Elder Ottesen is says, “We should drive out to an outer ville.” We start driving out of Albi and JUST before we take the last round point, we see Axel walking on the side of the road and I'm like, “WE HAVE TO PULL OVER AND TALK TO HIM!” And we pull over, say a prayer and jump out of the car and go over and talk to him. 

Basically he told us that he had a super hard week because he went to his family's house and they just really bashed the church and all of its teachings and principles. He kind of freaked out and told his family that he wouldn’t meet with us anymore. He told us as soon as he sent the text message he knew that it wasn't the right thing to do. He was very sorry and then we had a lesson with him and set up another one! It was a huge miracle. I'm glad that we listened to the spirit and gave him some space until an opportunity naturally presented itself. 

Also for our amis, The Famille Leroy had their baby! The birth went well and we sent them a text telling them how happy we were for them. We didn't even ask to come over just because she just had her baby but she said, “We will invite you over this next week!” I thought it was funny just because they felt bad they couldn't invite us over this week. HA. We understand you just had a baby! 

Anyway! This was a good week! Thanks for all of your love! 

Avec amour,
Elder Johnson

PS.
We found a wild hedgehog this week. I tried to pick it up but it didn't let me... D:



PPS. 

This last Sunday officially marked six months until Columbus day and my flight home! Pretty stinking weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment