Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Talence Times Two


Hi everyone! This week was all right. We have kind of slowed down on our teaching and really need to find some more amis. 

In other news, I'm staying in Talence with Elder Karras! I'm happy to stay here. 

Other than that, this week has been kind of lame for missionary work. We didn't really get to focus on missionary work fully this week but that is just because we had to move into our new apartment. But, now that we are actually living in our sector things will be much easier. 

Each time that you kind of have a bad week, you just got to look ahead to the next one! And that is exactly what we are doing! We have set some pretty ambitious goals for this next week and I know we are going to find some cool and prepared people to teach. 

In my studies this week, I came across a scripture I really needed to read and it really helped me not become a big ball of depression, lol.

It says :
2 Corithians 4:17 -"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."

What a perspective! As trials and afflictions come, we will succeed IF we have an eternal perspective. We have to see past the moment and look forward with hope and trust in God that he will help us. And that is how I survived this week! Haha. It wasn't easy or super fun but I never became discouraged because I know that everything that happens to us (if we react well) has the potential to refine us and make us stronger and more determined.

I love you all
Love,

Elder Johnson

NEW ADDRESS:
Les Missionnaries 
Rue Auguste Renoir Apt 135
Residence Celuta B
33400 Talence
France

No comments:

Post a Comment