Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

BERGERAC

WELLL! As most of you know, I've been transferred. I have been moved to Bergerac. I've gone from being in Lyon, the biggest city in the mission, to Bergerac---one of the smallest. We are pretty close to Bordeaux. My new colleague is Elder Sanchez! He is from New Jersey and is pretty old in the mission. Pretty cool stuff!


LAST FEW DAYS IN LYON
The last week in Lyon literally felt like a day to me. All of the sudden it was Friday and we received calls. It was a really weird experience to finally move. Lyon was and still pretty much is all I know the mission to be. I didn't know missionary work went on outside of Lyon! But apparently it does. 


Rachelle and Annick went to Paris this week. I saw them Tuesday night and I told them "Hey, It's possible that I'm going to leave..." and they were like "You better not! Elder Schneider left without even saying goodbye!" And that is when I knew I was being transferred. haha. I wrote them letters for Elder Du Pre to give them. I'm sure they will be fine. :) 

We had a break through with Gwenael. He is super excited to be baptized now and is really preparing. Before he wasn't sure if he wanted to be baptized but now it finally just clicked and he is super excited!

Korean BBQ with the Zone Leaders


It is really tough leaving an area. I loved the members and amis there so much and to know that I’m going to do the exact same thing over several times isn't going to be too fun but eh, c'est la vie d'un missionnaire. But after I received my call, I felt like I needed to move. There is a reason that I'm going to this little villa. I'm not sure why yet, but I'm determined to find out! 

This last Sunday was really special because they had a conference with all of the members of all of the wards in Lyon to split and reassign boundaries and such. It was neat to be there. People were a little sad but they were also happy to know that the church is growing in France. One of the sister's amis told me "It is so cool to be here, because we are living history right now!" That was neat to hear from someone that wasn't even a member! 

Exchange with Elder Taua

THE VOYAGE TO BERGERAC
All righty! So, getting here was an adventure. I had some pretty long train rides. I road all the way down to Toulouse! On the way we saw the ocean, flamingos, and a crazy man in tight booty shorts. The things you see in France! 

After hauling my two, two thousand pound bags around everywhere, we got to the gare right before Bergerac. We are talking it up, waiting for the train to come and whatever and as we are doing so a train with literally one car pulls up. It is probably the saddest joke of a train I have ever seen. When it pulled up I thought that it was some kind of sick joke. BUT ALAS NO! There were close to a billion people on the train too. It was quite a nice experience :) hahaha

As we are riding through the villas on the way I start to get this slightly panicked feeling as in each villa there are like five houses. It isn't that I was worried about it but I really just had no idea what to expect. I already have the feeling like Bergerac is the equivalent of Newton County here. There are some characters! I'm just excited for Sunday.

There is a branch here of about 45 people. Apparently missionary work is a lot more service oriented here, as the whole city has been ported and such. AND we have bikes in this area! I didn't think it was going to happen but it did. 

Eating pizza with the members after painting their house

THE THINGS I HAVE LEARNED 
I don't really have much more to say for this week except for something that I have found in studying in the Book of Mormon. 

I am currently in Mosiah right now where King Benjamin is giving his many instructions and a part really jumped out at me. It is basically all of chapter four but there are some verses that I really liked. 

Mosiah 4:10 "…if you believe all these things see that ye do them." Faith is not something that is passive. I have seen it teaching amis and in the lives of others and myself. When we begin to think that faith is simply believing in something, we accomplish nothing for spiritual growth or for God. 

Mosiah 4:10 And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.”

I know that as we exercise our faith, the Lord will reward us. Simply sitting on the couch and saying that you believe in Him is not enough!

But anywayyy! That is all for this week! I love you tons! 

Avec Amour,
Elder Johnson
Caught taking a #selfie

New address: No name needed - they said they know who it is from. 
Les Missionnaires
88 rue Valette 
F-24100 Bergerac 

France

No comments:

Post a Comment