Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Well... Here we go again!

Hello everyone! I feel like I just wrote yesterday and that there aren't a ton of things for me to say..

Kids at a member rendezvous

LA GUERRE DE GARDER AMIS 
Some weeks are good and other are better and some are just great! This week was kind of just a middle week. Not bad. Most of the people that we found the previous week are already gone. Hahaha. Life of a missionary! 

Lisha, the super cool Chinese student. We had a really good lesson with her trying to get her to continue to meet with us but she was worried that studying the Book of Mormon would complicate things with her, as she is a recent convert to Christianity. She was super nice about it and she still has the Book of Mormon and said that she would pray about it. After we got done with the rendezvous    and she was walking away I was a little disappointed but I felt that she just wasn’t quite ready. I think we planted some seeds with her for some missionaries in the future. 

Nicolas, awesome, young French guy. Nicolas is SO COOL. He used to be atheist but has had a lot of miracles in his life that have led him to believe in God. He is pretty prepared. I don't know if I included this in my last email but he said that he was thinking about retaking contact with us when we called. I'm really excited about him. 

Steve's Baptism


LES AUTRES CHOSES
So, Elder Ballard is coming the 27th of September and there has been a lot of talk about it! On the fifth of September, we will be doing a France wide finding day. We will try to find 1000 new people to teach! Paris mission included! We are going to pray every thirty minutes from the morning until the evening in hopes of finding new people. It is going to be so awesome and so intense! I'm expecting some cool miracles. 

So, recently, it has seemed like every time that we make headway we fall back super far the next week! I have NO idea why this happens and at times it can be so frustrating. You feel yourself picking up steam, teaching people and then suddenly these people are gone and you can't find anyone. 

But, what keeps me going is the fact that there are people out there searching and who are prepared to receive the gospel. For example, the ward that shares the same building with us just had a baptism last week of a SUPER cool guy.  I talked to him and he had been prepared throughout his life to receive the gospel. There is a really cool scripture that President Roney shared with us this last week: It is:

For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.” – Alma 13:24

The scripture talks about how angels are preparing the people in all of the lands to here the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know this is true because God loves His children and wants them to be guided in this life. He wants more than anything to bless us and for us to be happy. He wants us to live with Him again. 

I love the Lord. I love "my" mission. I say my, but it isn't mine. It is the Lord's. This is His work and it isn't easy sometimes, but it is so fulfilling. 

ME and Elder McBeth after our exchange
I love you all!

Que Dieu Vous BĂ©nisse

Elder Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment