Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Time, It's Flying By.



Hi Everyone. Another week has gone by. All the weeks just blur together. I feel like I write the same things ever week when but I think it just feels like that because I have to ask myself... did I do that last week or this week? 

TIME GOES BY TOO FAST
This week I was talking with a less active and I started kind of complaining about how fast time goes and how I'm a little worried because of how fast that it is going that I might not be enjoying my mission as deeply as a can be. I went on for a little bit and then the less active said to me... I think you can have a better perspective. They then continued... when your life is going fast it means that you are occupied, that you are engaged in something and that you have something that you are working towards. Life goes fast when you are enjoying yourself because you are using your life to the fullest. Life is slow when we aren't enjoying ourselves and when we wish time would go faster. It is usually when we don't have anything to do or we are lonely. 

I had never really thought about it like that before. I am really thankful that I had the opportunity to talk to this less active member of the church, because it did make me feel like I was just looking at things in the wrong light. Life is best when it is flying by. :) 

iPads
We finally got our iPads. They are pretty awesome tools. I like them. I think the coolest thing about them for the moment is that we have so many resources within our reach with such little space or weight taken. The gospel library is so cool. You can take notes and highlight and make tags and have scriptures on certain subjects all grouped together. It is really useful. 

Another thing I really like about them are the language learning apps on them. They are really fun and useful. They make language study more efficient. 

I'm just thankful for the opportunity that I have to be a part of the first wave of missionaries using the iPads. We have been promised that once we have social media on them and that if we use them correctly we can double the amount of people we are teaching. That would be awesome. 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK
So this week we went to Rodez to do an exchange with Elder Gossel and Elder Keller. They serve in the same branch as us but they live about an hour north of Albi. The best part of the entire exchange was when Elder Gossel and I ran into a 90 year old woman while we were porting. She opened the door and looked super surprised and then said, “Well, are you going to come in or not?” She was super delightful. Obviously we didn't go in because she was alone but we spent a good 30 minutes talking to her at her door. 

She asked what church we were from and we said "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" Then she said, "Oh! That is my church!" lol In the course of her conversation she said just before we knocked on her door, she had been praying to have someone visit her because she was feeling really lonely and depressed. She then told us "You are truly representatives of Jesus Christ". 

As we were walking down the stairs after just finishing our conversation with her, I realized that we had been the answer to someone's prayer. And that really touched me. It isn't by chance that we decided to port her building. Her building had five floors and she was the only one that opened her door and talked to us. 

I thought about how we probably are never going to see this little old woman ever again. She probably isn't going to get baptized. We didn't teach her a lesson at her door. We didn't do anything with her that we could "count". But she had testified to us that we were the Lord's servants. It made me think about a conference talk that I had read this last week. It says something like "the most important acts of service are recognized by God alone." I'm just so happy to have been able to be in the right place at the right time. 

ALSO! BRIGITTE FIXED HER OWN BAPTISMAL DATE! She prayed and prayed and prayed and she said she wants to get baptized the 5th of September. It isn't as soon I would have personally liked but that is her answer so too bad for me! It isn't my decision, it is between her and the the Lord. I'm super happy she finally realized she had received an answer. 

SOOOO...
Yeah…that was this week! 

Je vous aime

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment