Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

ALBI #4 et Spider Cochon



Hello family and friends! This week was good! I don't have a ton to write about this week (and not a lot of time because we just got back from Toulouse.. we helped the zone leaders out with gare duty because all of the metros aren't working at the moment)... anyway! 

ALBI #4
I'm staying in Albi for a fourth! Which is pretty darn crazy to me just because I have never stayed anywhere for more than four and a half months and now I'm doing at least six here. I'm excited to stay. 

To be honest, I kind of wanted to be transferred but then after we got the call it just felt right. And then I thought of Brigitte, Eda, the Family Leroy, and all of the other branch members. They all told me that they had prayed that I stay and I'm glad that I did. I think my desire to get transferred was selfish but I'm over it :) 

There is a very large possibility that I will die here. 5 transfers anywhere is pretty long and it doesn't happen very often but I would kind of be a little upset to just go die somewhere the last six weeks of my mission. 

Elder Steadman and I are staying together, which is also nice because now I don't have to worry about getting a new driver.... #tendermercy. Speaking of transfers, Elder LaPointe just got transferred to Toulouse! The Marseille team! haha 

NOS AMIS
Still searching for amis. We decided this week that we haven't really been finding as much as we could because we could be planning a lot better. So… we really planned some miracles for this week. It is going to be stinking hot and there is going to be lots of opposition but I know we will find some people! 

Brigitte-I love Brigitte so stinking much. She is really making progress. I'm excited for her and her desire to move forward. I'm proud of her. I can't wait for her to be baptized. I know it is going to happen. It is just a matter of time. 

Famille Leroy-We were able to see them this week! It was a really intense rendezvous. We shared some excerpts from the "THE FAMILY" but we ended up talking about coming back to church (because she isn't a member anymore). I'm not really going to go into detail of what was said but I will say that it was a very powerful lesson. The spirit was there. I really think we made a big step with them. 

On a side note: we were eating dinner and their son (Ethan, who is like 2 and a halfish) is refusing to eat and crying and all of this stuff... and then he starts coughing and coughing and then, as I am taking a bite of a tarte, he throws up all over the table. Poor little guy. Needless to say, I was done eating. hahaha. If I had been sitting any closer to him, I would have thrown up as well. I really did not feel good afterwards. I was just praying to not throw up everywhere. And I didn't! 



SPIDER COCHON
We went and visited the Bernardi family this week (our Branch president) and they live in this SUPER French village where everyone leaves their doors unlocked and are farmers. The kids were showed us around. First we went and looked at some puppies. Then we walked to the garden and saw chickens and peacocks.... and then they showed us some pigs and sheep... there were so many. 

Ambre (the less active that we work with regularly, taught us the "Spider Pig" song in French) we took the opportunity to take a video and show her... and she laughed SO hard.. it isn't even that funny but she was very sparked after having watched it. 

SPIDER PIG in FRENCH


C'est tout pour cette semaine! Je vous aime tous! Même ceux qui sont moches ;) 

A la semaine prochaine! 

Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment