Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Really Important Jumping pictures and Birthday Dinner



Bonjour Family and friends! 
Another week gone by! Oh la vache! It is crazy how fast it goes. Apparently every week is approximately 1 percent of an Elder's mission. Sometimes I feel like I just have boring things to tell you... haha. It is like groundhogs day every time I get on the computer to email. 

UN ECHANGE 
So! On Wednesday I had an exchange with Elder Einerson. I went back to Montauban (and the people were much nicer this time... I think maybe it was just something in the air last time). Starting the exchange was really interesting. So, there aren't any trains that go directly from Albi to Montauban so you have to take a bus. In France they have these things like train stations but for buses and there is only one in Albi, but generally they aren't the same company as SNCF (the trains). We go to the bus gare and are waiting for the Montauban elders to get in so we can make the change when about five minutes before they get there, I have a feeling they are going to come into the train gare and not the bus gare. 



We call them really quick and sure enough they are coming into the train gare, which is about a 15ish minute walk across town. Just so you know France has been having an usual heat wave where it is like 100 to a 100+ each day. We get off the phone and Elder Steadman and I ran as fast as we could to the train gare. We literally ran all of the five minutes we had to spare and run into the gare parking lot as the train pulls in. 

And that is when I starting sweating, and I promise you I didn't stop sweating until we ending the exchange. Even after I showered. As soon as I got out of the shower... SWEAT. Haha. It was very pleasant. Moral of the story is... don't run in missionary clothes in 100 degree weather.. 

The exchange was really good though. Elder Einerson is a good district leader. He was my district leadr when we were in Marseille. I really like how hard he works. We talked to so many people on our exchange! It was really good. We found some people that were interested. I don't understand why but every time you are on exchange somewhere there are miracles out of the wahzoo. 

ON EST SORTI 

This week was Elder Steadman's birthday! It was also Elder Duckworth's birthday so the zone leaders invited us to Toulouse to do a little exchange and then go eat dinner at a fancy restaurant.




I think I ate the best food I have ever eaten. It was SO good. Holy cow. It was expensive but it was so worth it. We ate at Capitole Square you should look it up. It is gorgeous. 


I got an appetizer, entree and desert. For the appetizer I got capriccio which is super thinly sliced raw beef with tomatoes, capers, pine nuts and parmesan cheese on the top and some olive oil. It was so stinking good. I could have eaten like a billion more plates of it. For the main dish I was served lamb with roasted potatoes and a fancy sauce. I don't know what was in it.. haha Then for desert I had like this custard thing. It was like the perfect amount of food and the service was exceptional. Suddenly I realized why French people eat out like everyday. hahaha 



It was fun to go eat with the zone leaders and the chinese équipe. I'm happy they invited us :)



NOS AMIS 
So! Still searching diligently and slightly impatiently for new amis. It is really frustrating because we are doing everything that we are suppose to and it just isn't working. I know I just need to keep pressing on but it is hard... especially with the heat. Ohlala. 

Brigitte- She is doing so good! She is starting to make some good progress despite her daughters now. He daughters have calmed down a lot recently because Brigitte called this special service thing that teaches children to be good. It is working :) haha

She is demotivated to stop smoking. Literally it is the only thing that is keeping her from getting baptized at this point. I say "the only thing" like it is no big deal but it is really hard. I'm thankful I grew up in an environment where I wasn't surrounded by that. But with that said, she is doing well.

She drove Eda to church this week because Eda's car is blocked in her driveway due to renovations going on (long story). But Eda got up yesterday and bore a really good testimony on baptism and its importance and how she is going to do everything she can to help Brigitte. It was pretty cool :) 

We also had a quick photo shoot with some hay bales after a lesson we had with Brigitte.  


PENSÉE SPIRITUELLE 
Just a little spiritual thought of the week! I was reading in Helaman 5:30 and it says: And it came to pass when they heard this voice, and beheld that it was not a voice of thunder, neither was it a voice of a great tumultuous noise, but behold, it was a still voice of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it did pierce even to the very soul—“

It made me reflect on the power of the holy ghost in conversion. I love the description it gives in the scriptures. It wasn't a loud voice but is pierces to the soul and it shook the walls of the prison. Although it isn't a loud voice, its power is unimaginable. 

It made me think of Marissa's conversion story and how whenever she had the missionaries over at our house she felt a strong residing peace and when she went other places, the spirit left her. That difference was essential in her conversion. I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost and for the testimony he bears of truth.

That is it for the week! 

I love you all!
Que Dieu Vous Bénisse 


Elder Cameron Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment