Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

LAST WEEK!

Okay! So I have a lot to say and not a lot of time to write it! 

I'll start with Thanksgiving! 

THANKSGIVING:
First off, the food pretty good. Honestly, it just made me sad about not being home because it was close to the real thing but not? Does that make sense? I'm glad I'm here though! Don't get me wrong! We also had a FANTASTIQUE Devotional from... surprise! Elder Russel M. Nelson! He was absolutely brilliant. He talked about how mission set the stage for us to become the absolute best we can be. 

We also did service! Assembly-line style. We ending up making soup bags for the food banks in Utah. The whole MTC ending up making 350,000 meals in a bag! Pretty darn crazy. There were so many. 

We also got to watch Ephraim's Rescue. It was nice to take a short break from the regular MTC schedule.

TRAVEL PLANS:
This last week at the MTC is going to be quite busy.. I'm not sure what it means but we have "In-Field Orientation"... not sure what that entails but it take up the whole day. We also get two P-days this week. So Monday and Saturday. Anyway! We received our travel itineraries and are flying to Amsterdam and then to Lyon. We end up flying fourteen hours of something crazy.. lame. I;m so excited to leave though. For real. I think I'm starting to go a little crazy. I will miss the MTC at some point... probably. 

NEW FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
I found a new favorite scripture! It is Alma 26:12 (insert here) I relate to it so well. I have realized how insignificant I am and how to my own strength I am weak but through the Lord I can accomplish anything (like learn French). The whole chapter of Alma 26 is such a great chapter when it comes to doing missionary work. READ IT and you will be motivated. Ammon was such a beast! 

Alma 26:12 
"Yea, I know that I am nothing ; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things ; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." 

TEACHING:
My companion and I also have an english investigator. Which gives me hope as a missionary. I know all of my stuff. I can teach any lesson. And it is SO frustrating in French because you know exactly what you need to say and to express but you can't because of the language barrier. BUT! I know the French will come.. and it is coming nicely. Sometimes I forget we have only been here for five weeks. 

So, I also got into a laughing fit when teaching... Luckily it was with the german sister in my district... I hate being assigned to her because she reminds me SO much of Lea and we start to laugh at the dumbest things. Needless to say, I had to excuse myself. lol. 

MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK:
I've come to realization how important it is for members to become involved in missionary work. THere are 83,000 missionaries but we can only do so much. Members don't even have to go knocking on doors. They simply have to be Christ-like, serve others, and have compassion! Very easy. Be someone's friend! 

For CODY: 
The stake President of the Lyon Stake is a Rock Climber.. there is a "I'm a Mormon" on him. It was super cool. He plans on doubling the Lyon Stake in 10 years. Apparently he is ahead of his goal so far! Pretty darn cool. 

Anyway! I love you all! I don't have any French bloopers for this week. Hahaha. Which is pretty darn surprising! 

Keep sending letters and dear elders! They are the best! :) 
The church is true and God loves you!
--Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment