Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

SHARE THE GIFT!

Hello everyone! This week was crazy awesome! We did a LOT of traveling.

Saying Goodbye to Henry and Hinaiti in Marseille

MARSEILLE TO BORDEAUX TO LYON 
So, travelling from Marseille to Perigueux took a lot of time! So much time that by the time I got into Bordeaux it was too late to travel to Perigueux... So, Elder Brill and I stayed with the Bordeaux zone leaders for a night before catching a train to Perigueux the next morning. 

We did P-Day Stuff on Tuesday and whatnot. Then, on Wednesday, we had to go to Bergerac to teach an ami of the other Elders before they got baptized. It was weird to be back in Bergerac... I was just walking around, knowing how to go everywhere. It was cool though. Their ami that is getting baptized is the daughter of a member that Elder Sanchez and I reactivated when we were there... which is super cool. Anyway! That took all day. We get back to Perigueux and realize that we are going to Lyon the next day for Bleus Conference…. 

Bleus Conference

We travel all day to Lyon that Thursday. Stay in Lyon Friday and leave Saturday morning. Being in Lyon brought back SO many memories of the very beginning of my mission and how far I have come as a missionary. It was sick. On Friday, we had lots of time left after conference so I sent a text to Rachelle and Annick (recent converts) to see if I could see them. They were both busy :( Annick was in Paris and Rachelle was super busy with work. They were both really sad that couldn't see me. I was sad too. Fortunately though, I sent a text to the Bonnamy Family to see if I could pass them and they said that there was a ward Christmas party that night. So, we went to the Confluence Ward and I got to see a TON of members from the beginning of my mission. It was SO cool. I was able to talk to them like a normal person in FRENCH! It made me really miss all of them but it was still such a neat experience. One, because I got to see them and two because I got to see that I've made some progress with the language ;) 

Me and Elder Brill in Lyon

Anyway. Lyon and Bleus Conference was awesome. We ended up getting back to Perigueux Saturday evening just in time for the church Christmas Party. It was a good opportunity to meet all of the members and make friends. And that was pretty much our entire week. Trains and traveling. 

Saying goodbye to the other Elders


IL EST LE DON
So, I'm sure that some of you have already watched the video or maybe have heard about the "new" video that the Church has made for Christmas. It is a very simple and beautiful message. We, as missionaries have been encouraged to share it with everyone that will watch it. From members to amis to people on the street. I have probably watched it about 50 times with 50 different people. Each time it really touches me. 


I invite you all to watch the video, discover the gift, and share the gift. Jesus was truly the very first gift, the most precious of all. Christmas time is such a special time of year. Let us not overlook the true meaning :).  #sharethegift

I love you all! 
Que l'esprit de Noel demeure avec nous!
Love,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment