Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Better Late than Never?

Toulouse + Albi missionaries visiting the Musée des Augustins on P-Day.

Hello family and friends! Sorry this email is a little late but better late than never, eh? The work in Albi has really picked up recently. It's awesome.

Le livre de mormon
I finished the Book of Mormon in French this week! It took long enough! I started when I was in Périgueux and then I fell off the boat for a little bit but then I realized that I didn't have a ton of time left to actually do it so I freaked out and read so much!



It was a really cool experience though because one, I had to read a lot slower than I normally would read than in English so I noticed some really cool things that I would not have noticed otherwise. Two it was really cool because certain French words have more specific connotations than in English so I also understood some cool things :)

I think out of the entire experience it was cool because I realized how the spirit has no language. Whether in French or English it's all the same. The message is the same. Despite it being a different language I felt the spirit just as strongly as I normally would.

Allez vous game - Bordeaux Zone Conference

Nos Amis
We saw Brigitte last week! Super cool miracle. She had to do something in a ville where the bus could take us so we went out there and saw her right before her rendezvous. She has missed us so much! I missed her too. I wanted to hug her and her friend Eric. It's cool when your Amis are actually your friends in real life. She reads every night and prays daily. I'm so proud of her. She says she is feeling stronger as she does it. I just really am thankful she is realizing that she can be spiritually strong even without us. Even if it is better when we are there.

Elisabeth is sooooo coooool. She is so prepared. We taught her with Eda. That was an experience all in itself. Eda loves to talk so much and she kind of took the lesson over but then we saved it. But not before Eda gave her the invitation to keep the word of wisdom. We saw her again today and she is doing so good! She has read so much of the Book of Mormon already. She loves how she feels at church and we invited her to baptism today for the 19th of September. She is going to tell us next rendezvous what she thinks. Pray that she says yes!

Eda is back and doing well. She wants to feed us really bad and we really want to eat her food!

We've been finding cool people too! We will keep you up to date.

Allez vous game - Bordeaux Zone Conference

Conference à Bordeaux
We had a conference in Bordeaux! It was cool but it was kind of weird being back in Bordeaux after not having been there for a little while. I've spent so much of my mission in Bordeaux. The conference was awesome. We are integrating temples into our work a lot more. President Brown really feels inspired that we should focus on the temple in order to prepare France for the Paris temple.

Toulouse + Albi missionaries visiting the Musée des Augustins on P-Day.

We also played a fun game with soeur Brown, charades, no shoes or socks and some water. We have a new key indicator called an "allez vous" which just means that you ask someone a yes or no commitment. So the game was acting out commitments that we give to amis. It was a tri zone conference so it was zone vs zone. I will attach pictures. The more I'm around the Browns the more I love them. They have a different style than the Roneys but they are still pretty cool.

Allez vous game - Bordeaux Zone Conference

At this conference I realized how old I am in the mission. We heard the testimonies of the departing missionaries and the entire time I was just sitting there, thinking about how next transfer it is going to be me. It seems so unreal but it kind of just hit me how close it is.

Anyway. I love you all so much. I'm loving life :) it's great to be a missionary.

Love,

Elder Johnson

Toulouse + Albi missionaries visiting the Musée des Augustins on P-Day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment